Each whale season during the months of January through April, Pacific Whale Foundation offers a Keiki Whalewatch program for both local and visiting school groups that reaches more than 3,000 students each year. With the goal of developing a generation of leaders who know and care for the marine environment, the program offers a highly subsidized opportunity for schoolchildren to learn about whales living wild in their natural habitat. Featuring a customized whalewatch ecotour and an optional classroom program with standards-based, grade-level appropriate, hands-on activities for students, the program is open to school groups from pre-K to high school while funds last. For many participants, this is their first time seeing humpback whales from a boat.
This fall, Pacific Whale Foundation will hold its annual Online Auction from Nov. 9-18, 2019. A benefit for the Keiki Whalewatch program, funds raised will educate school children in Maui County and nurture a lifelong love of the ocean and marine life. Community support is critical to the success of our keiki’s future and we invite you to lead by example as an active ocean advocate and environmental steward.
How You Make an Impact: Your thoughtful in-kind donation of an item, package or gift certificate will enable us to reach our fundraising goal of $20,000 and ensure that hands-on marine education is accessible to school children in Maui County regardless of family income level. PWF’s Keiki Whalewatch program provides a unique opportunity for thousands of children to get a close-up look at whales and other marine animals while aboard a “floating classroom” with marine education specialists.
Partner Promotions: Our Online Auction partners will benefit from PWF’s extensive global reach and effective engagement with supporters through various marketing channels as outlined below:
• Link to your company website on Online Auction website – 279,744 visitors to website during event
• E-newsletters mentions – 54,204 subscribers
• Social media mentions promoting the Online Auction – 262,568 followers
• Quarterly newsletter “Beyond the Breach” – 10,000 copies printed annually
• Annual Report acknowledgement – 500 copies printed annually
• Or, your preferred means of recognition. Thank you for your commitment to the future of the ocean and for working alongside us to protect it for the next generation. Please use the attached form to complete your donation or call us directly if you have any additional questions at (808) 650-5985.Mahalo for making a difference and we look forward to partnering with you!
— Mrs. Urbas’s 3rd grade class, Lāna‘i, Jan 2019
— Kristen Lawlor, Kahului Elementary, 2nd grade teacherDONATE AN AUCTION ITEM
Through your support, we are now able to offer this program to students on Molokai and Lana’i. We aim to sustain this program into 2020 to help ensure that all children are able to enjoy outdoor environmental education programs.
Being hands-on is especially important because it allows students to engage in kinesthetic learning and provides educators with a unique opportunity to enrich the minds of their students in new and engaging ways.
Children need science role models. Learning science through direct inquiry helps develop critical thinking and self-efficacy, and it improves grades across the board. The evidence is clear.
82.7% of Hawai‘i students graduate with a diploma. By working with schools, we hope to level the playing field for our youth through the principle of laulima, which means “many hands” and promotes working together cooperatively.
• One-stop shopping for your Maui holiday.
• Locally sourced gifts for everyone on your list.
• Those donating gifts are supporting a charitable cause. Show them you care!
Pacific Whale Foundation is a non-profit tax-exempt IRSC 501(c)(3) organization: federal tax ID number 99-0207417. Your donation is U.S. tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Thank you for your support.
Aloha, We Are Open! Our PacWhale Eco-Adventures are open for booking as we welcome visitors back to Maui. Quarantine restrictions were lifted on Oct. 15th for those following the state’s pre-arrival COVID-19 testing requirements.