Moonlight Tidepool Exploration
Moonlight Tidepool Exploration
Pacific Whale Foundation's marine educators invite you to meet some of the fascinating creatures that roam Hawaii's tidepools at night during our Moonlight Tidepool Exploration at a South Maui tidepool.
- Adult (Ages 13+)
- $12.00 $15.00
- Child (Ages 12 and Under)
- $5.60 $7.00
Brittle stars, urchins, octopi, oh my!
This discovery event is recommended for people ages 6 and over. Participants are asked to wear sturdy shoes and bring a flashlight. Refreshments will be provided. Advance reservations are required.
Past moonlight tide pool explorations have included opportunities to observe brittle stars, shrimp, snails, urchins, octopus and species of juvenile fish in their natural habitats. You’ll learn why some fish are red, why others have stalked eyes and how you can interact with these animals in an eco-friendly way.
BOOK ONLINE AND SAVE 10%
Become a Member today for additional savings and other benefits.
- January 16 – meet at 5:30pm to begin program
- February 15 – meet at 6:00pm to begin program
- March 1 – meet at 6:00pm to begin program
- April 1 – meet at 6:15pm to begin program
- May 14 – meet at 6:30pm to begin program
- June 28 – meet at 6:45pm to begin program
- July 12 – meet at 6:45pm to begin program
- August 25 – meet at 6:30pm to begin program
Park in the dirt lot whose entrance is on the side south of the Mana Kai resort in south Kihei (just past the Kihei boat ramp – there is a sign that reads “Public Beach Access”). If you happen to turn into the first paved road at the Mana Kai resort, there is also a dirt parking lot on the left hand side you can park in as well. Walk south from the lot to the south side of the Mana Kai resort. Tidepoolers should walk onto the grassy area and past the pool by the Five Palms restuarant. Naturalists can be found walking between the grassy area and the rocky shoreline. The intro is done on the grass by the palm trees in front of the yoga studio.
• Save 20%* on all PacWhale Eco-Adventures cruises (+ VIP boarding)
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store merchandise
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Camp enrollment
• Save 10%* on admission to Maui Ocean Center
• Save 10%* at Maui Sports Unlimited (offering surfing, windsurfing and kite boarding lessons and rentals)
• Get $20 off tickets* at NorthShore Zipline
• Beyond the Breach quarterly publication
• Exclusive invitations to Pacific Whale Foundation online events
• Subscription to monthly Members-only emails
• Priority boarding
* Savings apply directly to Members only
• PacWhale Eco-Adventures Whalewatch or Dolphin Watch
• Reusable canvas tote
• Member T-shirt
• No gift needed – give 100% to Pacific Whale Foundation
Please no slippers/flip flops – teva type sandals, sturdy shoes are fine, just not slippers/flip flops.
*Passport to Nature Student passes must be brought to the event for validation. Student must accompany a paying adult.
*All reservations are non-refundable within 48 hours prior to the scheduled check-in. All no-shows are non refundable.
PWF Eco Adventures reserves the right to reschedule or cancel due to weather at the discretion of the naturalist.