PM Wild Side Snorkel | Ma’alaea
PM Wild Side Snorkel | Ma’alaea
If you’re looking for something a little different and more adventurous in an afternoon snorkel, come join this small group experience that will take you off the beaten path.
- Adult (Age 13+)
- $55.20 $69
- Child (Age 7-12)
- $40 $50
You’ll depart Ma’alaea Harbor on our 54 foot, single deck catamaran, Ocean Explorer. Carrying less than half its capacity on this tour, this small group experience hosts a maximum of 24 guests. Visit snorkel sites that you really can’t go to on larger vessels. With no set itinerary, snorkel sites change daily to provide guests with the best snorkeling locations available for that day’s ocean conditions. These snorkel sights range from the dramatic cliffs bordering the Pali Highway to the rare encounter with Molokini’s back wall. Join the experts in the water as we explore the “wild side” of Maui.
As an intermediate to advanced snorkel adventure that sometimes has “drift snorkels”, this trip is not recommended for first time snorkelers or non-swimmers, pregnant women, people with heart conditions, or anyone with neck, back or knee problems. Children under 7 are not permitted.
BOOK ONLINE AND SAVE 10% PER PERSON
Pacific Whale Foundation advocates for the use of protective clothing and reef-safe sunscreen to help protect fragile coral reefs and to promote a healthy ocean environment. We support the statewide ban on sunscreens containing oxybenzone and octinoxate and, beginning November 2019, we are moving from encouragement to enforcement and instituting our own ban onboard PWF vessels of sunscreens containing: oxybenzone, octinoxate, avobenzone, avobenzine, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, and ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate in order to alleviate any additional stress on coral reefs. When buying sunscreen, it is important to read the ingredient list, as the term “reef safe” is not regulated and can be used as a marketing device. Choose sunscreen that is non-nano zinc oxide based, like those found in our Ocean Store. Mahalo for helping us protect the ocean.
• Certified Marine Naturalists onboard
• Premium snorkel gear, including optical masks for eyeglass wearers
• All Flotation devices, snorkel instruction, fish i.d. class
• Chef made teriyaki glazed chicken strips, veggie spring rolls, chips, salsa and artichoke dip, fresh fruit platter, and refreshments (unlimited water, sodas, juices and one complimentary beer or glass of wine for adults with valid ID).
•Reef Safe Sunscreen – 4 oz. sunscreen in a fully sustainable tube made from sugarcane available for $10 onboard (40% discount).
• Free Marine Wildlife oversize postcard
• Affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars
• Save 20%* on all PacWhale Eco-Adventures cruises (+ VIP boarding)
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store merchandise
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Camp enrollment
• Save 10%* on admission to Maui Ocean Center
• Save 10%* at Maui Sports Unlimited (offering surfing, windsurfing and kite boarding lessons and rentals)
• Get $20 off tickets* at NorthShore Zipline
• Beyond the Breach quarterly publication
• Exclusive invitations to Pacific Whale Foundation online events
• Subscription to monthly Members-only emails
• Priority boarding
* Savings apply directly to Members only
• PacWhale Eco-Adventures Whalewatch or Dolphin Watch
• Reusable canvas tote
• Member T-shirt
• No gift needed – give 100% to Pacific Whale Foundation
Departs: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday at 2pm
Duration: 3.5 hours (approx.)
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to departure.
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation’s Ocean Store located in the Harbor Shops of Ma’alaea (share parking lot with the Maui Ocean Center)