Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel
Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel
Book our popular Molokini snorkeling tour and snorkel with the experts at Maui’s world-famous Molokini Crater, plus a second snorkel spot known for its Green sea turtles and underwater lava arches.
- Adult (Age 13+)
- $100 $125
- Child (Ages 0-12)
- $60 $75
The Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel leads you on an exciting exploration of Molokini reef and the unique marine wildlife that inhabits it.
Molokini, Maui’s iconic crescent-shaped islet, is a beautiful reef known for its crystal clear waters, abundant coral, colorful fish, and resting seabirds. A protected marine conservation area, this volcanic crater is only accessible by boat with a certified tour operator. Turtle Arches offers a bonus snorkel site known for its underwater lava formations and frequent turtle sightings—it is truly one of the best places to snorkel with turtles in all of Maui. Continental breakfast is included and a delicious BBQ lunch is prepared onboard.
Become a Member today for additional savings and other benefits.
Children 0-12 are free (one child per paying adult).
Pacific Whale Foundation advocates for the use of protective clothing and reef-safe sunscreen to help protect fragile coral reefs and to promote a healthy ocean environment. We support the statewide ban on sunscreens containing oxybenzone and octinoxate and, beginning November 2019, we are moving from encouragement to enforcement and instituting our own ban onboard PWF vessels of sunscreens containing: oxybenzone, octinoxate, avobenzone, avobenzine, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, and ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate in order to alleviate any additional stress on the coral reefs. When buying sunscreen, it is important to read the ingredient list, as the term “reef safe” is not regulated and can be used as a marketing device. Choose sunscreen that is non-nano zinc oxide based, like those found in our Ocean Store. Mahalo for helping us protect the ocean.
- Certified Marine Naturalists onboard every Molokini snorkel tour
- Premium snorkel gear, including optical masks for eyeglass wearers
- Flotation devices, snorkel instruction, fish i.d. class
- Two snorkel sites: Molokini Crater and Turtle Arches
- Use of our ocean mat (when conditions allow) for added fun, relaxation, and water safety or comfort while in the water.
- Onboard Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Reef Safe Sunscreen – 4 oz. sunscreen in a fully sustainable tube made from sugarcane available for $10 onboard (40% discount).
- Free Marine Wildlife oversize postcards
- Continental breakfast: banana bread, assorted pastries, fresh island fruit, juice, Maui coffee
- Lunch grilled onboard: chicken breasts, garden burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, veggie salad, chocolate chip cookies
- Refreshments: unlimited soda, juice, and filtered water, plus one complimentary alcoholic beverage including Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine and tropical cocktails for adults 21+ with valid picture ID (additional adult beverages and refills available for purchase)
- Affordable rentals of wetsuit shirts, underwater cameras, binoculars
• Save 20%* on all PacWhale Eco-Adventures cruises (+ VIP boarding)
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store merchandise
• Save 20%* on Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Camp enrollment
• Save 10%* on admission to Maui Ocean Center
• Save 10%* at Maui Sports Unlimited (offering surfing, windsurfing and kite boarding lessons and rentals)
• Get $20 off tickets* at NorthShore Zipline
• Beyond the Breach quarterly publication
• Exclusive invitations to Pacific Whale Foundation online events
• Subscription to monthly Members-only emails
• Priority boarding
* Savings apply directly to Members only
• PacWhale Eco-Adventures Whalewatch or Dolphin Watch
• Reusable canvas tote
• Member T-shirt
• No gift needed – give 100% to Pacific Whale Foundation
Departs: Daily, Multiple departure times
Duration: 5 hours (approx.)
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store, Maʻalaea Harbor Shops, next to Maui Ocean Center
- Molokini Crater is about 150 feet deep with great clarity from the surface down to the ocean floor.
- The crescent-shaped islet covers over 20 acres of land.
- Marine biologists have observed over 250 different fish species in Molokini.
- Molokini is also home to 38 unique coral species.
- With its ultra-clear waters, Molokini Crater snorkeling is quite safe and kid-friendly.
- Professional-grade snorkel masks, flotation devices, and instruction are provided for optimal safety.
- All snorkeling around Molokini is done alongside Certified Marine Naturalists.
- The boat ride to Molokini is safe for guests of all ages and roughly a 17-mile ride from our Ma’alaea location.
- Our Molokini snorkeling tours prioritize reef safety as well. Guests will receive special safety instructions onboard and find reef-safe sunscreen available for purchase.