1) Enjoy the music
We are thrilled to have some of Hawaii’s top artists to perform for the community on Friday, February 22 in Kihei, Maui. Anuhea, Kimié Miner, and Paula Fuga will perform on the main stage of Kihei 4th Friday Celebrates Maui Whale Festival. Combined, these talented musicians, born and raised in Hawai‘i, have several top hits and have shared the stage with Bruno Mars, Jack Johnson, Ziggy Marley, Mike Love, and more. Father and son duo from Maui, AndrewandJay Molina will be playing ukulele and bass for those enjoying the ono grindz at the food court and the Banana Slug String Band will be entertaining children in the Keiki Zone. This award-winning band has been playing music for children over 30 years in 40 states and 5 countries. With guitars, voices, crazy characters, and an extraordinary ability to connect with children, they change the world, one child at a time.
2) Entertain and educate your keiki
With high energy entertainment by Banana Slug String Band, keiki will enjoy playing ocean related games, getting their face painted, doing the spider jump, and sifting through sand to discover the buried fossils of Maui’s ocean creatures, hosted by 4 Kids Quick Science, and even get to take their find home! 3) Shop at local vendor boothsOver 45 local vendors are joining in the celebration, including:
4) Savor food from a variety of local eateries5) Visit eco-vendor booths Learn what partnering non-profit groups are doing to create a healthy island ecosystem
6) Meet our Research, Education, and Conservation teamsWe will be hosting educational booths to share information about marine life and current Pacific Whale Foundation initiatives.
7) View classic cars presented by Friends of Classic Cars and Hot Rods
8) Visit Fork and Salad’s Beer GardenPWF members will be treated to 25% off.
9) Win PWF cruise tickets and an eco-prize pack Not only will this party be fun and educational, but also zero-waste! All food vendors will be plastic free and use compostable products for this special event. Maui Huliau Foundation will have several waste stations on-site where waste is separated and will compost all qualifying material off-site. Complimentary water stations will be provided, so bring your refillable water containers! Show your reusable products, like water containers, straws, or utensils, to PWF Ocean Store staff at our booth and you will be entered to win an eco prize pack from PWF!
10) Paint a “Full Moon Fluke” at Island Art Party 10% of all sales for the evening will be donated to Pacific Whale Foundation. Mermaid and Swirling Sea painting will be sold throughout the month of February, with all proceeds donated to PWF.