- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- Our Conservation Victories
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteer on Vacation
- Marine Debris
- World Oceans Day
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Dolphin Watch Lahaina
Offered 1pm - 4pm every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on Ocean Spirit from Lahaina
Experience the thrills of watching dolphins in the wild. Hop aboard our luxury sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, as we go in search of our resident wild dolphins, which include acrobatic spinner dolphins, friendly bottlenose and spotted dolphins. Utilizing our 18 years of wild dolphin research, our Certified Marine Naturalists will interpret the dolphin behaviors that you witness. Sightings are quaranteeed or you get a free ticket to go again on our Dolphin Watch.
What to Bring: Camera, light jacket or cover up, sunglasses, cash for snacks and souvenirs. Please make sure you bring a valid ID for alcoholic purchases.
Our Dolphin Watch includes:
- Filtered water, sodas and juices
- Educational and informative marine talks by our naturalists
- Free Jr. Naturalist program for kids
- Free dolphin poster and dolphin watching guide
Departs: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, 1:00pm
Duration: Approximately 3 hrs
Check-in: Check in at PWF Eco Adventures Store at 612 Front Street in Lahaina (across from the Banyan Tree)
Our Kamaaina Policy: We value our Kamaaina customers and thank you for your business. In order to enjoy our generous kamaaina discount, however, we require you to present a valid, government issued Hawaii ID (Driver's License, State ID, or passport) upon check-in for your trip If you do not have a valid ID upon check-in, we will not honor the discount and will charge you our internet rate.
Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Watch
Offered daily all year round from 8am - 1pm out of Lahaina Harbor on Ocean Quest
Snorkel off the island of Lana’i and watch dolphins in the wild all in one trip. You'll discover why Lana’i has been rated one of the top 10 snorkel and dive spots in the world as you snorkel a dazzling coral reef, home to abundant fish and sea turtles.
Wild dolphins are found off Lana’i, too, including spinner, spotted and bottlenose dolphins. Sightings of humpback whales are common from December to April.
Come aboard Ocean Quest, a double-deck eco-friendly catamaran. It offers a smooth and relaxing ride, with spacious shaded cabin and rear deck. It also has sunbathing areas on the bow and upper deck and is equipped with tables and comfortable armchair seats.
The galley bar serves drinks, buffet and barbeque. Ocean Quest has a water slide and snorkel platform for easy access to the water. You can also rinse off using our freshwater showers when you finish snorkeling. This vessel is 65 feet long, comes with two his/her bathrooms, and is equipped with U.S. Coast Guard-approved Whale Protection Devices.
- Professionally fitted, premium snorkel gear including optical masks for eyeglass wearers
- Flotation devices
- Free learn-to-snorkel class
- Free fish I.D. class
- Free guided reef tour
- Free Jr. Naturalist program.
- Continental Breakfast: banana bread, assorted pastries and fresh island fruit.
- BBQ Lunch: grilled chicken breasts, hot dogs, garden burgers, potato salad, corn and bean salad, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
- Refreshments: sodas, tropical juices and filtered water. After snorkeling, adults age 21 and over with valid picture ID may enjoy one complimentary alcoholic beverage, including local micro-brew beer, wine or Mai Tai. Additional alcoholic drinks, blended cocktails or refills available for sale at a reasonable price.
- Free marine wildlife poster
- Free downloadable Hawaii Wildlife Guides
- Affordable rentals of wet suit shirts, underwater cameras and binoculars.
Departs: Tuesdays through Sundays from Lahaina Harbor
Duration: Approximately 5 hours
Check-in time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in location: Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at 612 Front Street, Lahiana