- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- PWF News
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Our Conservation Victories
- Our Conservation Team
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Education Internships
- About our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Info Stations
- Ocean Camp
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- You Can Help
- Donate Now
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Whalewatching and Dolphin Watching on Pacific Whale Foundation's high-tech rafts gives you water-level viewing opportunities. You'll glide on a sleek rigid hull inflatable raft with a unique anti-slamming design for a smoother ride than ordinary rafts.
Lanai Wild Side Raft Adventure
Offered Tuesday - Sunday at 7:30am - 1:30pm from May 1st to June 27th departing from Lahaina Harbor aboard Ocean Adventurer. From June 28th - Nov 15th offered daily except for Mondays.
Lana'i's coast, largely undeveloped, feels unspoiled and remote even though it's just 7 miles from Maui. Riding on our ultra-smooth raft, you'll view unforgettable sights: blowholes, red rock sea cliffs, caves, untouched shorelines and stretches of nearly empty sandy beaches. We'll circumnavigate the island, weather and sea conditions permitting.
Amazing wildlife viewing opportunities await you with large populations of wild dolphins, plus toothed whales, sea turtles and the occasional Hawaiian monk seal.
The snorkeling is world-class with warm clear waters and vibrant reefs teeming with marine life. We'll stop at least two to three times to snorkel and explore at some of the most beautiful and secluded reefs.
This is no ordinary raft adventure. It's brought to you by the experts at Pacific Whale Foundation, with over 35 years of experience in leading award-winning ocean ecotours.
Ocean Adventurer is the newest raft in Pacific Whale Foundation's carefully maintained, high-performance fleet. It is a high-tech vessel with a rigid, channeled fiberglass hull that cuts through the waves for a remarkably smooth ride.
An overhead canopy provides shade. You can choose from forward facing padded seats or pontoon seats. This is one of the few Maui rafts with an onboard bathroom. There's a rear swim platform for easy access in and out of the water. There's also an onboard freshwater shower to rinse off after snorkeling!
There's no pre-determined route for this cruise. We'll explore and travel anywhere along Lana'i's coast where the weather, wind and wildlife offer fun and adventure. We'll stop at least twice for snorkeling, to jump in and explore at remote spots selected by our experienced captain to provide a customized experience that is designed just for you, your fellow adventurers and the unique conditions of the day.
We outfit you with quality snorkeling gear and our expert naturalists will help you perfect your snorkeling skills. And they'll also give you a lesson so you can identify the fish you see, and provide a guided tour of the reef.
As with all ocean rafting adventures, this trip is not recommended for pregnant women and anyone with neck or back problems. Children ages 6 and under not permitted. Otherwise, c'mon aboard—and join the ultimate adventure of your vacation, departing from Lahaina Harbor.
- Professionally fitted, premium snorkel gear (including optical masks for eyeglass wearers)
- Flotation devices
- Free snorkel skills improvement lesson
- Free fish I.D. class
- Free guided reef tour
- Continental breakfast: bagels and cream cheese, croissants and guava jelly, fruit platter.
- Snack: Veggie platter
- Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap with spinach, tomato, carrots and cucumber (with condiments), potato mac salad, cucumber salad and mini cheesecake for dessert. Note: If you require a vegetarian or gluten-free lunch, please call 1-800-249-8811 ext. 1 to make arrangements in advance.
- Snacks and ice-cold sodas, juices and filtered drinking water are available throughout the day.
- Free marine wildlife poster
- Free downloadable Hawaii Wildlife Guides
- Affordable rentals of wet suit shirts, underwater cameras and binoculars.
- Love the snorkel gear? You can arrange to rent it for the week for a small additional fee.
Departs: Tuesdays through Sundays from Lahaina Harbor
Duration: Approximately 6 hours
Check-in time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in location: Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at 612 Front Street, Lahiana
Whalewatch Raft Lahaina
Offered December 1st - April 30th four times a day from Lahaina Harbor aboard Ocean Adventurer
Experience the combined thrill of whalewatching and ocean rafting, on a brand new ecotour offered by Pacific Whale Foundation. Cruise from Lahaina Harbor on Pacific Whale Foundation's high-tech raft for exciting water-level viewing opportunities with Maui's humpback whales. You'll cruise on a sleek rigid hull inflatable raft with a unique anti-slamming design for a smoother ride than ordinary rafts. The Ocean Adventurer has both shaded and sunbathing areas and a bathroom.
Each trip includes expert interpretation of the whales' fascinating behaviors by Pacific Whale Foundation's certified marine naturalists. Sightings are guaranteed, or you get a free ticket for a regular Pacific Whale Foundation whalewatch.
Your ticket includes filtered water plus free whalewatch guide and whale poster. We recommend wearing a swimsuit or quick drying clothing, because getting wet is part of the fun. We provide complimentary use of dry bags for your valuables during your cruise.
Please Note: Children must be 6 and over. Not recommended for pregnant women or individuals with neck or back concerns.
- Listening to whales on underwater hydrophones
- Educational talk by our team of certified Marine Naturalists and marine biologists
- Free Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Free whale poster and color whalewatch guide for your party
- Whale sightings guaranteed or you go again free
- Affordable rentals of binoculars and cameras
- Snacks and refreshments like soda and juice are available for purchase
Departs: Daily from November 4 – May 15. Please check for availability.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours
Check-in time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at 612 Front Street, Lahaina.