- About PWF
- Research History
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Dynamics of extralimital feedingby humpback whales off Eden, NSW
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Our Research Team
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Conservation & Education
- Our Story
- Meet Our Staff
- Inside our Facility
- Educational Eco-Tours
- Education Programs
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Eco Cruises
- The PWF Difference
- Maui Weather
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Book A Cruise
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Meet Our Vessels
- Ocean Store
See What's Available
Click on a date to highlight available cruises.
Whalewatch Lahaina Raft
Experience the combined thrill of whalewatching and ocean rafting, on a brand new ecotour offered by Pacific Whale Foundation. Cruise from Lahaina Harbor on Pacific Whale Foundation's high-tech raft for exciting water-level encounters with Maui's humpback whales. You'll cruise on a sleek rigid hull inflatable raft with a unique anti-slamming design for a smoother ride than ordinary rafts.
Each trip includes expert interpretation of the whales' fascinating behaviors by Pacific Whale Foundation's certified marine naturalists. Sightings are guaranteed, or you get a free ticket for a regular Pacific Whale Foundation whalewatch.
Our 2-hour ocean rafting whalewatch cruises depart 4 times daily. First trip is 6:45 am.
Your ticket includes filtered water plus free whalewatch guide and whale poster. (Helpful hint: wear a swimsuit or quick drying clothing; getting wet is half the fun!) We provide complimentary use of dry bags for your valuables during your cruise.
Children must be 6 and over. Not recommended for pregnant women or individuals with neck or back concerns.