- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Whalewatch Sail Deluxe Lahaina
Whalewatch Sail Deluxe Lahaina
Offered 12:30pm every Tuesday from Dec 1 - April 12 and every Thursday from February 11th - March 31, 2016 on Ocean ... Read More
Offered 12:30pm every Tuesday from Dec 1 - April 12 and every Thursday from February 11th - March 31, 2016 on Ocean Spirit
Experience Maui’s top-rated whalewatch with the experts at Pacific Whale Foundation on Maui’s newest, ultra-luxury sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit. This state-of-the-art catamaran offers maximum space and comfort, enabling you plenty of room to roam about for optimum viewing of our majestic visiting humpback whales.
This special three-hour informative and fun whalewatch is led by a team of Pacific Whale Foundation’s certified Marine Naturalists and marine biologist, who explain and interpret the social behavior of humpback whales. Listen to whale songs through underwater hydrophones, watch mothers and calves interact and see males compete for females.
Every trip is different; you never know what you will experience. Moreover, you will also be served a delicious lunch of fresh fruit, trio of house fried chips and salsa, Kiawe smoked pork and chicken sliders served with guava barbeque sauce, zesty bean salad, roasted garlic hummus, tomato and Kula basil bruschetta and house made garlic crostini, and fresh baked brownies.
Whale sightings are guaranteed on all Pacific Whale Foundation whalewatches (from November 3-May 15) or you go again free at your convenience within one year of your cruise. We are proud of our 97% sighting success rate.
Drinks: Unlimited soda, juices and filtered water and includes up to 3 alcoholic drinks per adult with valid ID (Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine, tropical well drinks)
Menu: a delicious lunch of fresh fruit, tro of house fried chips and salsa, Kiawe smoked pork and chicken sliders served with guava barbeque sauce, zesty bean salad, roasted garlic hummus, tomato and Kula basil bruschetta and house made garlic crostini, and fresh baked brownies.
What to Bring: Camera, hat, sunglasses, credit card for binocular/camera rentals and souvenirs.
The trip includes:
- Listening to whales on underwater hydrophones
- An educational talk by our team of certified Marine Naturalists and marine biologists
- A free Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Free whale poster for your party
- Downloadable color whalewatch guides available as a PDF
- Whale sightings guaranteed or you go again free
- Affordable rentals of binoculars and cameras
- Unlimited soda, juices and filtered water and includes up to 3 alcoholic drinks per adult with valid ID (Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine, tropical well drinks)
Departs: 12:30pm every Tuesday from Dec 1 - April 12 and every Thrusday from February 11th - March 31, 2016 Please check for availability.
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Check-in time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at 612 Front Street, Lahaina.
All activities are at your own risk. No liability, expressed or implied, rests with PWF Eco Adventures or its subsidiaries or officers. All reservations are non-refundable and reschedules are not permitted within 48 hours prior to the scheduled check-in. All no-shows are non-refundable. Pacific Whale Foundation reserves the right to reschedule or cancel due to weather at the discretion of the Captain. Destinations, menus and equipment subject to change without notice. By purchasing your cruise ticket you agree to receive cruise confirmation emails and promotional emails from us. You may opt-out of our promotional emails at any time using the unsubscribe link.