- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
VIP Benefit Dinner Cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation Founder and Executive Director Greg Kaufman
02/08/2014 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
From Lahaina Harbor
Is a MWF event:
This is a MWF event
Join Greg Kaufman, one of the world's leading authorities on humpback whales and the Founder/Executive Director of Pacific Whale Foundation, on a benefit sunset dinner cruise. We will be departing from Lahaina Harbor at 5:30 pm on Feb 8, 2014.
During this delightful evening at sea, you'll enjoy appetizers, drinks, a freshly grilled dinner, desserts and coffee, plus an engaging, relaxed presentation by Kaufman about humpback whales of Hawaii, Ecuador, Australia and other parts of the world.
Kaufman will be presenting on the microphone and off, offering insights from his experiences as a whale research pioneer, anti-whaling activist, author of four books and advocate for sustainable
whalewatching worldwide. He'll also be available for one-on-one conversations to answer your questions and specific whale interests.
Greg KaufmanWe'll watch for whales during the sunset hour, too! Bring your camera for the incredible views of the West Maui Mountains and neighbor islands during this beautiful time of day.
The four course chef-prepared dinner includes will be served table-side by professional servers. It features locally grown vegetables, fruits and herbs from local Hawaii farms, as well as sustainable shrimp from Kauai.
The evening begins with cocktails and tropical well drinks, chilled chardonnay, cabernet, iced-blended cocktails and ice-cold locally brewed beer from Maui Brewing Co. Appetizers include baked spinach and artichoke dip served with fresh-baked foccacia bread.
The salad course features a fresh salad of farm-fresh organic salad greens and fresh vegetables from Upcountry Maui, served with a creamy mango lillikoi dressing.
The entrees are grilled fresh onboard and served hot to your table. Choose from: Lemon-Grass and Curry Marinated Fresh Kauai Shrimp with Lilikoi Butter Sauce; Grilled Teriyaki Marinated Boneless Chicken Breast with Big Island Papaya Salsa; Chimichurri Marinated Flat Iron Steak with Wild Mushroom Demi Glaze; and Char-Grilled Honey-Miso Glazed Tofu with Big Island Papaya Salsa.
Each entree is served with Coconut Whipped Molokai Purple Sweet Potatoes with Butter and Char-Grilled Vegetables with Macadamia Nut Pesto.
To top off a most pleasant evening, enjoy Triple Chocolate Brownies accompanied by fresh Kula strawberries for dessert, along with tea and Maui-grown coffee.
Because all guests are guaranteed outdoor seating on the upper deck and bow of a smooth-riding double-deck catamaran, seats are extremely limited for this special be
All profits will help to support Pacific Whale Foundation’s research, education and conservation efforts. Each guest will receive a photo of a dramatic double breach at sunset autographed by Greg.
Tickets are $150 per person. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20%. Book online at http://www.pacificwhale.org/cruises/whale-watches#28364 and save 10%. For additional information or assistance with your reservation, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1.