- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: November 9, 2011
Thanksgiving Sunset Dinner Cruise Offered by PWF
MA'ALAEA (MAUI), HI -- For a unique Maui-style way to celebrate Thanksgiving, island visitors and residents are invited to enjoy their holiday feast in a remarkable setting -- on the ocean at sunset -- on a relaxing Thanksgiving Sunset Dinner Cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation.
"Our Thanksgiving Sunset Dinner Cruise offers you 360 degree views of the Pacific Ocean, the West Maui mountains and the neighbor islands, all drenched in the golden hues of sunset," says Cynthia Mayer, Pacific Whale Foundation's Chief Operations Officer -- Eco-Adventures. "With tthe possibility of guest appearances by wild dolphins or humpback whales, it's easy to use the word 'magical' to describe the experience."
According to Mayer, Pacific Whale Foundation's Thanksgiving cruise takes place on an eco-friendly, smooth riding catamaran, departing from Lahaina Harbor. All guests are guaranteed outdoor seating on the vessel. The evening includes live music and cocktails (wine, local microbrew beer, Mai Tais and other tropical mixed drinks, along with soda and juice), plus a buffet featuring all of the traditional Thanksgiving fixings. "The dinner is prepared by our chefs, and features locally grown, natural and organic ingredients," says Mayer. "It's a mix of traditional favorites, with some Hawaiian and island-style influences."
The menu includes Roast Turkey with Giblet Gravy, Island Baked Ham with a Sweet Guava Glaze, Traditional Vegetable Thanksgiving Stuffing, Whipped Garlic Potatoes (Creamy Russet Potato Mash with Roasted Garlic), Haricot Vert lightly seasoned and tossed in butter, Upcountry Greens with Maui Onion Dressing, Grilled Island Vegetables (Medley of fresh island vegetables cooked over hibachi grill), Fresh Rolls and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars for dessert.
Adult guests with valid i.d. can enjoy up to three alcoholic beverages, plus unlimited soda, soft drinks and filtered water. The cruise departs from Lahaina Harbor at 5:30 pm and returns at 7:30 pm. Advance reservations are required.
The price is $84.95 for adults and $59.95 for children ages 3 to 12. Children ages 2 and under go free, one per paying adult. Guests can save 10% by booking online. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20% on their ticket price, whether booked online or by phone.
For reservations, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at (808) 249-8811 or visit www.pacificwhale.org and click on "Eco Tours" and "Specialty/Holiday Cruises."
Pacific Whale Foundation will run its ocean ecotours on a regular schedule throughout Thanksgiving. The cruises include snorkel cruises to Molokini and/or Lana'i, cocktail cruises and Whale Search cruises. Please visit Pacific Whale Foundation's website at www.pacificwhale.org for details.
Pacific Whale Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the ocean through science and advocacy. Profits from Pacific Whale Foundation's Thanksgiving Cruise and ocean ecotours help fund Pacific Whale Foundation's research, education and advocacy work on behalf of whales and the marine environment. To learn more, visit www.pacificwhale.org.