- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Our Conservation Victories
- Our Conservation Team
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Education Internships
- Inside our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Programs
- Ocean Camp
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- Whale Information Stations
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Our Vessels
- Our Vessel Staff
- The PWF Difference
- Green Features
- Where your Money Goes
- Reviews & Testimonials
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Maui Weather
- Ocean Spirit Vessel Contest
- Ocean Store
Hi - My name is Kit'sai.... and I'm 9. I just turned 9 - and I think Ocean Camp is a really fun place.
So tell us, what is the memory you will never forget at Ocean Camp?
Doing the "cha-cha" on surfboard.
How did you end up doing that - was it your first time surfing?
Uh-huh. How did you decide to do the "cha-cha" on the surfboard? I just wanted to do the "cha-cha" on the surfboard. Awesome..
What would you tell a kid who has never been to Ocean Camp before?
It's a really awesome camp - and you get to do a bunch of really fun things like surfing, going to beaches, snorkel and boogie board, going to molokini just for an example. But we get to do a whole bunch of fun things.
Would you come back to Ocean Camp again?
Yeah- next year. I'd love to - it's just that this was a birthday present. That's a pretty nice birthday present..
What means the most to you overall about getting to come?
Well it taught me alot about how to protect the endangered ocean animals - and that some of the things that were made to think dangerous are really quite amazing animals.