- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Monica and Michael Sweet Gallery uses a mix of digital, 35mm. and medium format cameras to capture the raw image. They are loosely following Ansel Adams Zone System to record a compromised exposure with the best mix of highlight, mid-tone, and shadow information without losing highlights (to bright) or shadows (to dark). For each image, they use a digital darkroom. To adjust the tones and tonal range much in the way of Ansel Adams, Weston, or Michael Kenna might do in the traditional darkroom. They use the techniques they taught and convert them to the digital darkroom. This may include expanding the tonal range for any given area of the picture, pulling up the highlights, pushing back the mid-tones or shadows etc… 95% of what they do in the digital darkroom is tonal. This style they are developing is pretty new to photography. They are very excited about exploring the new possibilities in photography, printing, and creative expression.
Monica and Michael Sweet Gallery is a local gallery on Maui, HI. We appreciate your support of local artists.
You can also find their work in some organizations and companies including: Hawaii Magazine, National Geographic, World Wildlife Fund, Sierra Club, Hawaiian Airlines, Time Magazine, Islands Magazine, Travel & Leisure and a long list of others.
8x10: Photo is 4.5x6.5, 8x10 with matting.
11x14: Photo is 7.5x9.5, 11x14 with matting
16x20: Photo is 10.5x13.5, 16x20 with matting.
Photo Sizes 16X20 and up come without matting.
Find out more about the gallery at www.gallerysweet.com