- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution of Odontocetes in Maui Four-Island Region
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Marine Debris and Odontocete Study in the Maui Four-Island Region
- Odontocetes of Maui Four-Island Region
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Our Conservation Victories
- Our Conservation Team
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Education Internships
- Inside our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Programs
- Ocean Camp
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- Whale Information Stations
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Our Vessels
- Our Vessel Staff
- The PWF Difference
- Green Features
- Where your Money Goes
- Reviews & Testimonials
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Maui Weather
- Ocean Spirit Vessel Contest
- Ocean Store
SeaWees for preschoolers
9:00AM - 10:00AM Ages 3-5
SeaWees Program Description
SeaWees is a program for children ages 3-5 that has been offered through Pacific Whale Foundation since 2004. Each child is accompanied to SeaWees by his or her parent or caregiver.
SeaWees sessions consists of four classroom sessions and one “SEAfari” field adventure organized around a marine science theme.
The SeaWees program features developmentally appropriate early-childhood practice including music/movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment.
What Sessions Include
Sessions include 4 classes and classes cannot be registered for individually. The cost of the program is a fee for the entire session. In the case that a class is missed, it cannot be credited. We have a maximum group size of 12 children and we are excited to offer this high quality marine science curriculum created just for pre-schoolers to our keiki.
If you would like to attend our program but can only come to one or two classes, the remaining portion of your SeaWees fee will be donated to Pacific Whale Foundation's education programs.
SeaWees classes meet on Wednesday mornings from 9:00-10:00 am at Pacific Whale Foundation's Discovery Center at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops unless otherwise noted.
Our next Seawees session will focus on "Mighty Minis":
A wide variety of small creatures can be found in marine habitats. These miniature marvels have to be tough to survive changing conditions and clever predators. We’ll meet some of these tiny creatures through stories, songs and investigations with live organisms.
Wednesday February 26, 2014 - Shells and Armor
Wednesday March 5, 2014 - Safety in Numbers
Wednesday March 12, 2014 - The Quick and the Strong - Hide and Seek
Wednesday March 26, 2014 - Kuhio Day
Wednesday April 2, 2014 - Minis in a Mighty Habitat - "SEAfari" to South Maui Tidepool. See the "Mighty Minis" in their tide pool home. Closed-toed shoes required.
If you have questions or wish to register, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at 808-249-8811 ext. 1. Please note that pre-registration is required.
To reach the SeaWees Program Director, please call 808- 856-8341.
Cost: Each SeaWees Four Week Session is $70. Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay just $60. Click here to learn about memberships; check out our added membership benefits and join us on our mission!