- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- PWF News
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- Our Conservation Victories
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Earth Day
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- About our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Info Stations
- Ocean Camp
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- You Can Help
- Donate Now
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
SeaWees for preschoolers
9:00AM - 10:00AM Ages 3-5
SeaWees Program Description
SeaWees is a program for children ages 3-5 that has been offered through Pacific Whale Foundation since 2004. Each child is accompanied to SeaWees by his or her parent or caregiver.
SeaWees sessions consists of four classroom sessions and one “SEAfari” field adventure organized around a marine science theme.
The SeaWees program features developmentally appropriate early-childhood practice including music/movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment.
What Sessions Include
Sessions include 4 classes and classes cannot be registered for individually. The cost of the program is a fee for the entire session. In the case that a class is missed, it cannot be credited. We have a maximum group size of 12 children and we are excited to offer this high quality marine science curriculum created just for pre-schoolers to our keiki.
If you would like to attend our program but can only come to one or two classes, the remaining portion of your SeaWees fee will be donated to Pacific Whale Foundation's education programs.
SeaWees classes meet on Wednesday mornings from 9:00-10:00 am at Pacific Whale Foundation's Discovery Center at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops unless otherwise noted.
Our next Seawees session will focus on "Mighty Minis":
A wide variety of small creatures can be found in marine habitats. These miniature marvels have to be tough to survive changing conditions and clever predators. We’ll meet some of these tiny creatures through stories, songs and investigations with live organisms.
Wednesday February 26, 2014 - Shells and Armor
Wednesday March 5, 2014 - Safety in Numbers
Wednesday March 12, 2014 - The Quick and the Strong - Hide and Seek
Wednesday March 26, 2014 - Kuhio Day
Wednesday April 2, 2014 - Minis in a Mighty Habitat - "SEAfari" to South Maui Tidepool. See the "Mighty Minis" in their tide pool home. Closed-toed shoes required.
If you have questions or wish to register, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at 808-249-8811 ext. 1. Please note that pre-registration is required.
To reach the SeaWees Program Director, please call 808- 856-8341.
Cost: Each SeaWees Four Week Session is $70. Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay just $60. Click here to learn about memberships; check out our added membership benefits and join us on our mission!