- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: December 4, 2013
Sales of Gift of Life Appetizer at Fleetwood's on Front St. to Benefit Pacific Whale Foundation
During the month of December, all purchases of the "Gift of Life” appetizer at Fleetwood's on Front Street will help to support Pacific Whale Foundation's whale research, public education and conservation programs to protect whales and the oceans, states Eric Waddell, General Manager of the award-winning Lahaina restaurant.
Fleetwood's on Front Street is owned by rock and roll icon Mick Fleetwood of the band Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood is a Maui resident. The presence of the humpback whales in winter helped to inspire Fleetwood to make his home here on the Valley Isle.
Says Fleetwood, “Our restaurant has, from day one, worked diligently with the Maui community to support causes important to us. The whales, turtles, spinner dolphins and all the sea life here are so much a part of the sensibilities of what Maui is. I’m glad to have a small platform to contribute to the betterment and protection of the ocean environment as well as supporting education and information programs, all provided by Pacific Whale Foundation.
"Our 'Gift of Life’ Appetizer changes from day to day, taking advantage of fresh fish, or special produce brought in fresh that day. I try to make a unique creation daily that reflects the best of the island on each day", says Fleetwood’s Executive Chef Eric Morrissette. "100% of the price of the $16 appetizer - not just the profit - but the entire purchase price of $16 - will go directly to Pacific Whale Foundation."
"Please be sure to stop by, enjoy a delicious appetizer and help save the whales," comments Waddell.
Pacific Whale Foundation is immensely grateful to Mick Fleetwood and his team for supporting our work through the 'Gift of Life' program in December," says Greg Kaufman, founder and Executive Director of Pacific Whale Foundation. "This donation will help to support humpback whale research off Maui, our Be Whale Aware education program to prevent vessel-whale collisions, the marine education programs and school whalewatch field trips that we offer to Maui schoolchildren, and our marine debris prevention programs, including our monofilament line collection and recycling program."
Celebrating 33 years, Pacific Whale Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to protecting our oceans through science and advocacy. Information about Pacific Whale Foundation can be found at www.pacificwhale.org.
Fleetwood's on Front Street is located on Front Street between Dickenson and Lahainaluna Streets. The restaurant hours are Sunday through Thursday, 11 am to 10 pm, and Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 11 pm. For information and reservations, call (808) 669-MICK (6425). Make reservations at OpenTable.com or for more information, visit www.FleetwoodsOnFrontSt.