- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Run and Walk For the Whales
02/04/2012 - 6:45am - 11:25am
Makena Beach and Golf Resort, Makena (Maui)
Is a MWF event:
This is a MWF event
Runners and walkers, adults and kids, residents and visitors are invited to take part in one of Maui's largest fun runs and walking events. The Run and Walk for the Whales course includes ocean views -- you might even see a whale or two breaching in the distance! Choose from the 5K walking course, 5K running course, half marathon walking course, half marathon running course and 2K running course for kids. Starting line and post-run festivities will take place at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort, South Maui. Medallions, lei and free whalewatch tickets awarded to top male and female overall in 5K and Half Marathon. Age group medallions awarded in 5K Run and Half Marathon Run. Keiki race will award medallions to the “boy top finisher” and “girl top finisher.” All runners and walkers will be entered into prize drawings.
This event includes professional chip timing for 5K runners and Half Marathon; clock timing for 5K and Half Marathon walkers and 2K Keiki runners. Entry fee for adults includes “Run and Walk for the Whales” quick dry t-shirt plus post-race breakfast. Children ages 12 and under participating in the 2K Keiki Race will receive a "Run and Walk for the Whales" cotton t-shirt plus post-race breakfast. Water and aid stations and musical entertainment located along course. Starting line and post-run festivities will take place at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort, South Maui.
Register now and save!
Starting on February 2, entry fee increases by $5 for all races.
Half Marathon Run or Walk: Pacific Whale Foundation Member: $40
Half Marathon Run or Walk: General Public: $45
Half Marathon Run or Walk Start Time: 6:30 am. Please check-in one hour prior.
5K Run or Walk: Pacific Whale Foundation Members: $30
5K Run or Walk: General Public: $35
5K Run or Walk Start Time: 7:30 am. Please check in one hour prior.
2K Keiki Fun Run: Pacific Whale Foundation Members: $20
2K Keiki Fun Run: General Public: $25
2K Keiki Fun Run Start Time: 8:00 am. Please check in one hour prior.
Online Registration is NOW CLOSED. To Register please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1 or toll-free (800) WHALE-1-1 ext. 1.
Packet pick-up will be available on Thursday, February 2 and Friday, February 3 from 9 am to 5 pm at Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, off Route 30 in Ma'alaea (adjacent to Maui Ocean Center).
Free race day parking is available at the Wailea Events Lot, located at the corner of Wailea Ike and Kalai Wa'a Streets in Wailea. (Wailea Ike runs between the Pi'ilani Highway and Wailea Alanui Drive.) Free shuttle buses start at 5:00 am to transport atheletes and their supporters from the Wailea Events Lot to the race start at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.
Makena Beach & Golf Resort is extending special room rates for 2012 Run for the Whales event, available February 1st - 8th, 2012. To reserve your room, click here.
Scenic View @ $159 + taxes (13.4167%) per room per night (single or double occupancy)
Partial Ocean View @ $179 + taxes (13.416%) per room per night (single or double occupancy)
No Resort Fee, Free Parking
Includes Daily Breakfast for Two (Full Breakfast Buffet)
Third Adult Charge: $60.00 per night + 4.166% tax (Child 17 and under are complimentary in the same room)
All reservations are based on availability.