- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: August 31, 2010
Pacific Whale Foundation's Making Waves Lecture Series Presents Talk on Maui Brewing Co.
MA'ALAEA, HI -- On Thursday, June 17, Pacific Whale Foundation will present a free talk by Garrett Marrero, owner and founder of Maui Brewing Co., on the award-winning company's innovative, eco-friendly business practices.
The talk, part of Pacific Whale Foundation's monthly Making Waves lecture series, will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Pacific Whale Foundation?s Discovery Center in Ma'alaea (next to Maui Ocean Center). Admission is free, and no reservations are required.
Garrett and his wife, Melanie, founded Maui Brewing Co. in 2005. Maui Brewing Co. is the Maui's only microbrewery and one of Hawaii's fastest growing companies. 100% of their products are made in Hawaii. They run a seven barrel brewpub with a full restaurant in Kahana, as well as a 25 barrel full production brewery and canning facility in Lahaina.
Maui Brewing Co. is committed not only to producing award-winning, locally-brewed craft beers, but also to operating an environmentally responsible business. Their efforts to reduce the company's environmental impact earned them distinction as Hawaii's Green Business of the Year in 2008. Marrero will discuss their efforts to operate a truly green, truly local business, as well as the art and health benefits of craft beer.
Originally from San Diego, Garrett studied Economics and International Relations at UC Davis. He worked in sales and business development for a large investment firm in San Francisco before a vacation to Maui changed his life forever. In the past several years Maui Brewing Co. has been awarded more than 60 medals for its various beers, including "Hawaii's Best Craft Beer."
Pacific Whale Foundation's Making Waves Lecture Series takes place on the third Thursday of each month and features guest speakers discussing issues related to Maui's environment. For information, call 808-249-8811 ext. 1.