- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- PWF News
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- Our Conservation Victories
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- About our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Info Stations
- Ocean Camp
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- You Can Help
- Donate Now
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: May 12, 2011
Pacific Whale Foundation Offers Special for Kamaaina and Members From May 15 to June 15
The months of May and June offer lots of reasons to get out on the ocean and have fun, including the warmer weather, the end of school and the beginning of summer.
To help Hawaii residents enjoy ocean cruises during this time, Pacific Whale Foundation is offering all Hawaii residents a 35% discount on all of its eco-adventures. Pacific Whale Foundation Members can also enjoy this discount. Kamaaina or Members may also bring a friend and save 20% on their ticket. This special applies to all Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventures purchased and enjoyed between May 15 and June 15.
As an added bonus, kids go free (one child per paying adult) on select Pacific Whale Foundation cruises. There are also special rates for kids.
To take advantage of the special, Hawaii residents will need to present a valid Hawaii i.d. Members will need to have a current membership. To be eligible for the added 20% discount for non-kamaaina guests, the guest must travel on the same cruise as the resident or Pacific Whale Foundation Member.
"Many of us find this time of year to be a nice time to kick back and relax," says Nikole McElroy, Chief Operations Officer at Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventures. "The summer crowds aren't here yet, so it's an especially good time to treat yourself to some of the fun activities that you've been meaning to check out."
Pacific Whale Foundation's special applies to these cruises:
• Sunset Dinner Cruises
Includes live entertainment, beer, wine and Mai Tais (up to 3 per adult with valid i.d.) and a delicious chef-prepared three course meal featuring locally grown produce, Maui Cattle Co. steaks and sustainable fish. Outdoor seating is guaranteed.
• Sunset Cocktail Cruises
Offered from Ma'alaea Harbor on Sundays and Wednesdays, includes live entertainment, hot and cold appetizers and drinks.
• Sunset Island Rhythms Cruises
Features dancing on the bow of a comfortable smooth-riding catamaran at sea at sunset with live entertainment by local reggae and island music star Marty Dread.
• Molokini Snorkel Cruises
Choose from two options (Molokini-Turtle Arches and Molokini Eco-Express) for snorkeling Maui's famous mid-ocean reef and watching turtles and other wildlife.
• Dolphin Watch Cruises
Sightings are guaranteed (or you go again free) on this three-hour dolphin watch tour to Lana'i
• Lana'i Snorkel Cruises
Snorkel the dazzling reefs of Lana'i and enjoy sightseeing along Lana'i's scenic coast. Dolphin or whale sightings are guaranteed, or you get a free ticket for a Pacific Whale Foundation Dolphin Watch.
• Molokini-Lana'i Snorkel and Wild Dolphin Ecoadventure
The do-it-all adventure includes snorkeling at Molokini and Lana'i, and visiting areas where wild dolphins are found.
• Stargazing Cruises
View Maui's majestic night sky at sea with expert astronomer Harriet Witt and enjoy appetizers and drinks.
• New Lana'i Wild Side Eco-Adventure (Starting May 15):
Small group personalized adventure on Pacific Whale Foundation's new raft, Ocean Freedom, includes snorkeling off Lana'i, dolphin watching (with guaranteed sightings or you get a free ticket for a Dolphin Watch cruise), landing on Lana'i, and a sightseeing trip to Lana'i City.
• New Molokini Wild Side Eco-Adventure (Starting May 15):
Small group personalized adventure on Pacific Whale Foundation's catamaran Ocean Explorer. Includes snorkeling at Molokini and a second site, plus a Sea Turtle Photo Safari, including an at-sea lesson in underwater photography and sea turtle photo-identification, and the opportunity to learn about sea turtle research.
All of Pacific Whale Foundation's Eco-Adventures are led by knowledgeable and enthusiastic certified marine naturalists, and are based on more than 30 years of marine research and ocean ecotourism experience.
To read more about the cruises, visit www.pacificwhale.org. However, to obtain this special discount, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at (808) 249-8811 ext. 1, between 6 am and 9 pm daily.