- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: June 19, 2012
Pacific Whale Foundation Offers 4th of July Fireworks Cruises
For a truly fun and festive Independence Day adventure, head out to sea at sunset to enjoy unobstructed open-air views of the fireworks, plus sumptuous appetizers and ice-cold drinks, on a 4th of July Fireworks Cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation.
These popular annual holiday cruises depart from Ma’alaea on Pacific Whale Foundation’s ultra-stable, smooth-riding catamarans. Departures are timed to coincide with sunset and offer spectacular golden and rose-hued views of the Pacific, the West Maui Mountains and the neighbor islands.
The evening also includes a buffet of hot and cold appetizers, including Hawaiian glazed ribs, marinated roast chicken breasts, rolls, Mediterranean pasta salad and potato-mac salad. Wrap up the feast with slices of watermelon and fresh-baked triple chocolate brownies for dessert.
Throughout the cruise, guests can quench their thirst on locally brewed Maui Brewing Co. beer, plus wine, Mai Tais and tropical well drinks. (In the interest of a safe holiday for all, alcoholic beverages are limited to three per adult; valid i.d. required to show proof of age.) The galley will also serve unlimited ice-cold sodas and juices.
The Ma’alaea cruises feature abundant free parking, and are especially convenient for anyone coming from Kihei, Wailea, Upcountry, Wailuku, Kahului or the North Shore.
“If you want to enjoy the rockets’ red glare without fighting traffic, jostling for a spot on a crowded shoreline, or worrying about kids shooting firecrackers near you, come cruise with us,” says John Gaskins, Sales and Customer Care Manager at Pacific Whale Foundation. “It’s so much more relaxing and fun to be at sea away from the smoke and noise, gliding along on a smooth-riding boat while you dine on appetizers and cold drinks.”
Departure times are 6:30 pm, 6:45 pm and 7:00 pm from Ma’alaea Harbor. (The cruises departuring from Lahaina Harbor, at 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm, are now sold out.)
The ticket price is $69.95 for adults and $49.95 for children ages 12 and under. Those who book online at www.pacificwhale.org will save 10%. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20%.
An alcohol-free cruise will also be offered at 6:00 pm from Ma’alaea. This trip is just $62.95. The online price is 10% off; Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20%.
Each guest will receive a free marine life poster to bring home.
For a bit of pre-cruise fun, guests are invited to Happy Hour at Porto, the flame-fired artisan pizza restaurant operated by Pacific Whale Foundation in Ma’alaea. Happy Hour takes place daily from 3:30 to 5:30 pm and offers all appetizers for $6 and flame-fired pizzettes for &7. All beers are $3; wines by the glass are $6 and soda, lemonade and iced tea are $2.
All profits from the 4th of July cruises and from Porto will support Pacific Whale Foundation’s work to protect our oceans through science and advocacy. For information call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1.