- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: May 26, 2011
Pacific Whale Foundation Members and Hawaii Residents Offered Free Ocean Discovery Cruises on Sunday, June 5
To call attention to the importance of the oceans and to celebrate the ocean that surrounds us in Hawaii, Pacific Whale Foundation is offering free Ocean Discovery Cruises to all Hawaii residents on Sunday, June 5. The cruises are offered in honor of World Oceans Day.
These free cruises depart from Ma’alaea Harbor at 1:00, 1:30, 2:30, and 3:00 pm. Each cruise is about one hour in length. The cruise includes narration about Maui's ocean environment by Pacific Whale Foundation’s certified marine naturalists and opportunities to view sea turtles and other wildlife that may be encountered.
If you have a Hawaii driver's license, you go free. You can also go free on these cruises if you are a current Pacific Whale Foundation Member. All children ages 12 and under go free, even if they are not members or residents.
Adults who are nonmembers or who are not Hawaii residents can purchase tickets for $10.
Reservations are required for all tickets and are subject to availability. To obtain your reservation, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1.
“Pacific Whale Foundation is proud to join thousands of educational institutions, conservation organizations and individuals in dozens of countries around the world that are celebrating our planet’s oceans in honor of World Oceans Day,” said Greg Kaufman, President and Founder of Pacific Whale Foundation. “This annual event which is held on June 8th of each year, is a time to reflect on the ways our oceans influence all aspects of our lives and the connection that we all have to the sea.”
Pacific Whale Foundation is a member of The Ocean Project, an international network of over 1,200 aquariums, zoos, museums, and conservation organizations that is working closely with the World Ocean Network to coordinate World Oceans Day activities.
The theme of this year’s World Oceans Day is “Youth: the Next Wave for Change” with a special focus on getting the young people in our communities inspired to conserve our world’s oceans. “We believe strongly in the power of educating young people about theoceans, “ noted Kaufman. “Throughout the year, we offer marine education programs for preschoolers through high school students, in our Discovery Center as well as on our vessels.”
“We will offer a special Jr. Naturalist program for the children who join us on the free Ocean Discovery Cruises,” says Greg. “We guarantee that all the children who participate will learn at least one or two new things about the wildlife found in the oceans around us.”
To learn more about Pacific Whale Foundation, please visit www.pacificwhale.org. For reservations for the free Ocean Discovery Cruises, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1.