- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution of Odontocetes in Maui Four-Island Region
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Marine Debris and Odontocete Study in the Maui Four-Island Region
- Odontocetes of Maui Four-Island Region
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Our Conservation Victories
- Our Conservation Team
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Education Internships
- Inside our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Programs
- Ocean Camp
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- Whale Information Stations
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Our Vessels
- Our Vessel Staff
- The PWF Difference
- Green Features
- Where your Money Goes
- Reviews & Testimonials
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Maui Weather
- Ocean Spirit Vessel Contest
- Ocean Store
Ocean Camp - Winter Sessions
Welcome to Pacific Whale Foundation's winter session of Ocean Camp! We look forward to engaging your child in a fun and enriching program that will expand their knowledge about the ocean -- all while having fun and making new friends! Our camp program takes place Monday through Friday, December 29th through 31st and January 5th through 9th.
You may register now by calling us at 808-249-8811 ext. 1 between 6 am and 9 pm daily.
About Ocean Camp
Our camp is for children in grades 1 through 5 and is led by the marine education team from Pacific Whale Foundation. Ocean Camp is located at Pacific Whale Foundation’s air-conditioned Discovery Center in Ma’alaea and is staffed by friendly, enthusiastic and energetic professionals with years of teaching and camp experience.
Each day is designed to help children make direct connections with the wildlife and habitats they are learning about. Our camp program includes many field trips and adventures, including surfing and windsurfing lessons, tidepool explorations, snorkel cruises to Molokini, trips to Maui Ocean Center and beach visits. The program also offers games, art, hands-on science exploration and more. Children learn about marine science and are encouraged to become lifelong stewards of the marine environment.
Winter Camp Theme
Ocean Camp Field Trips
Field trips are included in the camp fee and subject to change.
Monday: Outing to whale museum
Tuesday: Beach adventure in South Maui
Camp hours are from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. You can enroll your child for individual or multiple days, Monday through Friday, unless noted otherwise.
Your camp registration fee will be $80 per day or $325 for the week. (Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay just $64 per day or $260 for the week.) To register, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at (808) 249-8811 ext 1 between 6 am and 9 pm.
Last minute registration (24 hours prior to or day-of camp) is $88 per day. (Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay $70.)
A Pacific Whale Foundation Family Membership is just $60. Learn more about becoming a Pacific Whale Foundation Member here.
To learn about camp scholarships through our No Child Left Indoors program, please follow this link.
To register for camp or for more information, you may call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1. We're open daily, from 6 am to 9 pm.
Other resources to help you: