- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: December 18, 2013
New Lahaina Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruise with Marty Dread Offered on Saturday Nights
Pacific Whale Foundation's popular Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruise, formerly available only on Friday nights from Ma'alaea Harbor, will also be available this winter on select Saturday evenings from Lahaina Harbor.
The cruise host is popular Maui recording artist Marty Dread, known for his award-winning music, charisma and humor. Guests enjoy dancing to classic reggae and island style music on an outdoor deck, watching whales in the ocean around them, and taking in the spectacular colors of a Maui sunset at sea, A delicious array of hot and cold appetizers is provided, along with local microbrew beer, wine, expertly mixed Mai Tais and tropical cocktails.
"People love this cruise," says John Gaskins, Customer Care General Manager at Pacific Whale Foundation. "Marty Dread is charismatic and engaging, and gets everyone of all ages up and dancing and having fun."
"Our original Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruise on Friday nights from Ma'alaea Harbor has become a popular Maui sensation and now we're expanding it to take place on select Saturdays from Lahaina Harbor," Gaskins notes.
During 2014, this cruise will be offered from Lahaina on these Saturday nights during the months of January, February and March: January 4, January 18, February 1, February 15, March 1, March 8, March 15 and March 22.
Whale sightings are guaranteed on the Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruises from both Lahaina and Ma'alaea. If you don’t see a whale, you get a free ticket for our Classic Whalewatch.
The appetizer menu on the cruise includes Hawaiian style kahlua pork sliders, chicken meatballs tossed in pomodoro sauce, tropical fruit platter with guava mint glaze, fresh crudite platter with roasted garlic ranch dip, Maui onion and spinach dip served with assorted cracker and bruschetta served with grilled pita plus chewy chocolate brownies.
Guests with valid i.d. to show proof of legal age can enjoy up to three alcoholic beverages, including Maui Brewing Co. beer, cabernet, chilled white wine, Mai Tais and tropical mixed drinks. Unlimited sodas, fruit juices and filtered water will be available to all guests.
The cruise departs at 5:30 pm and returns at 7:30 pm. Guests check-in 45 minutes prior to departure at Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at 612 Front Street in Lahaina.
Ticket prices are $59.95 for adults. Children ages 12 and under are $39.95. Book online at www.pacificwhale.org and save 10%. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20%. For additional information, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1.