- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
PROUDLY PRESENTED BY
Pacific Whale Foundation (PWF) proudly announces the 37th Annual World Whale Day ‘Made on Maui Fair’ (MOMF) to be held Saturday, February 18, 2017. This is an opportunity for businesses and individuals to showcase products Made on Maui during our celebration of the whales. Please review the following information for participating vendors. Online application www.pacificwhale.org/content/made-maui-fair-vendor-application.
Pacific Whale Foundation is also continuing a fair section, introduced in 2016, called ‘Emerging Going-Green Entrepreneur.’ PWF is providing a lower cost space option for up to 10 earth friendly green businesses in operation for less than three years.
PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION MEMBERSHIP & BOOTH AVAILABILITY
PWF members will receive first choice of booth selections on a first come, first served basis upon receiving full electronic payment through our online application. Once the electronic payment is made, it is dated and time stamped; booths will be assigned in the following priority:
1. From now until October 31, 2016 only PWF members will be permitted to request and submit payments for booth(s). Payments can only be made online through our website. Email communication or phone calls to staff will not suffice as a commitment for the preferred booth assignment.
2. If you are not currently a PWF member, you can become a member by visiting www.PacificWhale.org/content/membership
3. Starting November 1, 2016 all vendors are welcome to make online payments to apply for booth selections. Keep in mind PWF cannot guarantee your first choice; please provide us with at least three options.
DATE & LOCATION
Where: Kalama Park, Kihei 1900 S. Kihei Road Kihei, Maui, HI 96753
When Saturday, February 18, 2017 at World Whale Day Open to public 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
If you wish to donate to or advertise in the online auction, please contact OnlineAuction@pacificwhale.org. The auction is an effective method of advertising to a worldwide audience. Last year we had over 12,000 visits to auction site. We suggest a signature item from your collection to grab the attention of the viewers in this process. Gift cards and certificates are highly recommended due to the cost of shipping.
APPLICATION / PAYMENT DEADLINES
All completed MOMF applications must be submitted online at www.pacificwhale.org/content/made-maui-fair-vendor-application no later than January 13, 2017 at 4:00 pm. Full payment is due at time of application submission. Vendors must comply with Application/Contract requirements. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
Application materials are available online for electronic submission.
• Booth space is 12’x10’ or 10’x10’. Vendors shall supply their own displays, equipment, chairs, tables, tent, etc.
• ONLY ITEMS LISTED ON THIS APPLICATION MAY BE DISPLAYED OR SOLD. All items must be approved by Pacific Whale Foundation.
• No electricity is provided or available. Generators are not permitted.
• Each vendor is responsible for the cleanliness of his/her area during and after the event and booths or products must not leave a negative impact on the environment.
• This is a rain or shine event. PWF is not responsible for damage to products in the case of inclement weather.
• Vendors are required to bring equipment/items to drop off the day before. While PWF will have security service in place, we are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
• Limited booth space available. Priority given to Ocean & Conservation themed items.
• No food or drinks are permitted for sale in the MOMF area. A food permit may be required by Maui County if you are providing samples of your products. Please ensure your compliance with their requirements.
• No shells, corals, pearls, shark teeth or whale bones permitted.
• No silk screened t-shirts, hoodies, caps and/or hats may be sold in the MOMF area.
• No ‘WORLD WHALE DAY’ themed items. Whale and ocean themed items encouraged.
• No plastic bags may be used for customer purchases.
Standard booth space is 10’x10’, or 12’x10’. Booth(s) space will be assigned on a first come, first served basis within the following criteria:
1. The PWF member’s only booth(s) application and payment period until October 31, 2016.
2. Cost of booth.
3. Electronic payment and availability of booth(s) for all other interested vendors commencing on November 1, 2016.
Please refer to MOMF map for booth locations/prices. Choose up to three in the application, indicating your first, second or third choice. If you would like additional booths please indicate it on the application with booth #(s) and appropriate payment. No booth assignment will be made without payment. If we can’t accommodate multiple booth requests, that portion will be refunded before the event.
See bottom for cost of booth(s) and map.
EMERGING GOING-GREEN ENTREPRENEURS
Tables for Emerging Going-Green Entrepreneurs will be 6 ft. in length. There is limited space for up to 10 eligible businesses as recommended by Maui County business development organizations with final selection by the Pacific Whale Foundation. Cost of these booths is $100.
Guiding principles for Emerging Going-Green Entrepreneurs are:
• Less than 3 years in operation. Priority given to new vendors (those who did not participate in 2016).
• Explanation from entrepreneur on why business is green and earth friendly.
• If there are more candidates for this classification than space, it will also be decided on a first come, first served basis.
• PWF retains discretion of what qualifies for the Emerging Going-Green Entrepreneurs category.
WHALE DAY EVENT HOURS / BOOTH VENDOR SCHEDULE
This year the entire World Whale Day festival site is fenced and secured. Booth vendors drop off and set-up times are as follows:
Friday, February 17, 2017
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm All vendors to check in & set up booth space
Saturday, February 18, 2017
7:00 am - 9:30 am Complete set-up and prepare for customers
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm Breakdown and clean-up of site
PAYMENT OPTIONS / REFUND POLICY
A payment for booth space is required with submission of application materials. We will provide you with a confirmation of booth space via e-mail. Payments can be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card). Booth fees are refundable until January 13, 2017 at 4:00 pm. This is a rain or shine event. No cash or checks will be accepted. No refunds after January 13, 2017.
ADVERTISEMENT, PROMOTIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS
Vendors have the opportunity to increase their visibility during the Maui Whale Festival events (held in January and February) via sponsorship and/or by participating through the Pacific Whale Foundation online auction by a sponsoring of a gift card or gift certificate or by providing an auction item. For more information visit: MauiWhaleFestival.org or email OnlineAuction@pacificwhale.org.
MADE IN MAUI OR HAWAI‘I
Fill out the provided form and list each item including where it is made (studio address). If you are selling unapproved items, you will forfeit your right to exhibit and your fee will not be returned. All items must be made in Hawai‘i with preference to items
MADE ON MAUI.;
Only applications which have made payments for booth selections will be reviewed.
Pacific Whale Foundation, the organizers and sponsors of World Whale Day 2017 are not responsible for negligence, theft or injuries by any and all participants in this event. The entrant promises to indemnify and hold harmless organizers, its directors and staff, volunteers, County of Maui, State of Hawai‘i and anyone acting on their behalf for any act of negligence, theft or injury caused by the entrant or anyone acting on behalf of entrant.
INSURANCE & SECURITY
Security will be provided for the general premise only. We strongly encourage vendors to maintain liability insurance for your protection. Ask you insurance company for a rider to your public liability policy, property damage and/or burglar insurance policies if you desire additional coverage throughout the duration of the event. You are responsible for yourself, your staff and your merchandise. MOMF’s security service will start on Friday (February 17, 2017) morning at 8:00 am and end at 5:30 pm Saturday (February 18, 2017). We are not responsible for lost , damaged or stolen property or merchandise.
STORAGE AND RE-STOCKING OF MERCHANDISE
There will be no additional storage areas for vendors’ products during the event. Please take storage into consideration when designing your booth space and staffing. Booths may not extend beyond their assigned booth space boundaries.
Parking is not readily available. You will be allowed to use Parking Lot C (see map on page 11) to unload your equipment and products. It is imperative that you move your vehicles from the lot by 9:00 am. If you have a valid handicap accessible permit you will be allowed to park in this area. A WWD parking permit is required for this parking space. All vehicles without a permit will be towed.
Please fill out your application in its entirety at www.pacificwhale.org/content/made-maui-fair-vendorapplication. All required fields are necessary to provide us with the most current and relevant contact information. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please be clear to reduce the chance of errors. All fields must be filled in. If a question is irrelevant to you or your business, please mark “N/A”. Deadline is January 13, 2017 by 4:00 pm. No refunds will be issued after this date.
World Whale Day normally attracts over 20,000 attendees, so bring enough product or merchandise to accommodate large crowds. Ocean & Conservation themed items encouraged. Option to donate proceeds from specific items to PWF. Be prepared for a variety of weather conditions and take the necessary precautions to protect your inventory. We thank you for participating in our event and wish you great success.
INFORMATION ABOUT PWF MEMBERSHIP
Join or renew your membership at Pacific Whale Foundation and support our work to protect our oceans through science and advocacy. Visit www.PacificWhale.org.
Or call: 1-800-942-5311 x1
Fill out the vendor application online form.