- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: May 30, 2014
June Events Featuring Summer Ocean Camp
Summer is here and Pacific Whale Foundation has an ocean of fun things to do for the whole family, including Ocean Camp offered Monday to Friday through July 25 at Pacific Whale Foundation’s air-conditioned Discovery Center in Ma’alaea. Read on for more information about Ocean Camp and other June events, including a Moonlight Tidepool Exploration on World Oceans Day, June 8.
Monday-Friday, June 2 - July 3 from 8:00am - 4:00pm
Pacific Whale Foundation offers a summer of fun and adventure through its Ocean Camp for kids ages 5-12. We look forward to engaging your child in an enriching program that will expand their knowledge about the ocean -- all while having fun and making new friends! The weekly sessions take place Monday through Friday (except holidays) starting May 27 through July 25. It meets at Pacific Whale Foundation’s air-conditioned Discovery Center in Ma’alaea, and is staffed by friendly, enthusiastic professionals with years of teaching experience. We’re especially proud of our 1:10 teacher to camper ratio. Ocean Camp features a different theme each week and includes many field trips and adventures, including surfing and windsurfing lessons, tidepool explorations, snorkel cruises and beach visits. The program also offers games, art, hands-on science exploration and more. Children can be enrolled for individual or multiple days. There’s also an optional lunch service featuring all-natural ingredients, organic snacks and 100% fruit juice.
Fridays, June 6, 13, 20, 27 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruise
Get onboard for lots of fun, food and dancing on our Island Rhythms Sunset Cocktail Cruise with local reggae star Marty Dread. Offered Friday nights from Ma'alaea Harbor, this music-filled adventure includes delicious appetizers, perfectly mixed Mai Tais and other drinks, plus a stunning sunset backdrop as you party on the bow of the boat.
Sunday, June 8 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Moonlight Tidepool Exploration
Brittle stars, urchins, octopi, oh my! What better way to celebrate World Oceans Day on June 8 than by meeting some of the fascinating creatures that roam South Maui’s tidepools at night during our Moonlight Tidepool Exploration. This discovery event is recommended for people ages 6 and over and costs only $7 per child and $15 per adult. Refreshments will be provided. Participants are asked to wear sturdy shoes and bring a flashlight. The event is co-sponsored by Mana Kai Maui Resort.
Thursday, June 12 from 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Full Moon Cruise
What could be more romantic and fun than cruising on the vast Pacific Ocean under a brilliant full moon? This Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventure departs from Lahaina Harbor and is narrated by Harriet Witt, an international award winning astronomy writer and speaker known for her entertaining and informative commentary. She'll share her wisdom about the night sky and all things lunar. The cruise includes beverages, appetizers, desserts and a free full-color marine life poster.
Sunday, June 29 from 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Experience the enchantment of Maui's velvet night sky on this stargazing cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventures. Here in Hawaii, the most remote island chain in the world, you'll experience brilliant stars from an optimal vantage point. This cruise is timed to coincide with the best stargazing conditions. Your special guest narrator is Harriet Witt, an international award-winning writer and speaker known for her entertaining and informative commentary on astronomy. The cruise includes beverages, appetizers, desserts and a free full-color marine life poster.
Daily (except Wednesdays and Sundays) from 8:00am - 11:00am
Coral Reef Information Station at Ulua Beach
Free and open to all, Pacific Whale Foundation's Coral Reef Information Station at Ulua Beach in Wailea is staffed by an expert marine naturalist who helps you learn about the fish and marine wildlife that you'll see while snorkeling at this popular reef. Free use of fish i.d. cards and reference books. Free and open to all.
VOLUNTEERING ON VACATION is a free program offered by Pacific Whale Foundation that helps you easily find meaningful volunteer projects to benefit Maui's outdoor environment. Volunteer for about half a day (or less) and enjoy access to off-the-beaten-trails and scenic locales where you can learn about the history and natural ecosystem of each area.
- Haleakala National Park - First and Third Saturdays
- Malama Honokowai - Every Saturday
- Hoaloha 'aina (South Maui) - Every Monday
- O'o Farm (Waipoli, Kula) - Every Wednesday
- Hawaiian Islands Land Trust (Waihee Coastal Dunes) - Every Friday
- Beach Clean-up with Pacific Whale Foundation - Daily on your own schedule
Get a free totebag for volunteering 3 hours or more. Please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1 at least 24 hours in advance to sign up.