- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: December 22, 2014
Introducing Ocean Spirit - Maui's Newest and Finest Sailing Catamaran
Pacific Whale Foundation is proud to introduce the newest addition to its fleet, Ocean Spirit, Maui’s newest and finest sailing catamaran. Ocean Spirit and its trendsetting design will create an elegant platform for memorable whale and dolphin watches as well as snorkeling, sunset cocktail cruises, and private charters for visitors and residents of Maui.
Crafted in St. Croix by Gold Coast Yachts, Ocean Spirit made the almost 5,900 mile journey to the Hawaiian Islands in just 42 days. After a brief stop in Honolulu, Ocean Spirit arrived at its harbor home in Lahaina on Wednesday, December 17.
The vessel features the finest amenities, including an onboard barbecue, water slide, three swim ladders, a full bar, teak dining tables and flooring, a surround sound system, and the latest in navigational and sailing technology.
The eco-friendly vessel boasts state of the art sails and rigging backed by a clean-burning, fuel efficient engine as well as a fiberglass hull that incorporates noise reduction features to protect sound sensitive whales and dolphins. It is also equipped with US Coast Guard approved whale protection devices to guide whales away from propellers and running gear.
Pacific Whale Foundation will be holding a blessing of Ocean Spirit at 9:00 A.M. on Tuesday, December 23 in Ma’alaea Harbor. Following the blessing, the vessel will begin taking reservations for daily tours which will leave four times per day from Lahaina harbor, offering guests a premier whalewatching experience. Tours can be booked online or by calling Pacific Whale Foundation at (800) 942-5311.
Pacific Whale Foundation is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to protecting our oceans through science and advocacy. Profits from Pacific Whale Foundation's ocean ecotours support our research, education and conservation programs. To learn more, please visit www.pacificwhale.org.
For Immediate Release
Pacific Whale Foundation
Contact: Karen Frangipane