- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution of Odontocetes in Maui Four-Island Region
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Marine Debris and Odontocete Study in the Maui Four-Island Region
- Odontocetes of Maui Four-Island Region
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Our Conservation Victories
- Our Conservation Team
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteers on Vacation
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Education Internships
- Inside our Facility
- On-site Naturalist Programs
- Ocean Camp
- Exploratory Marine Science Labs
- Keiki Whalewatch Programs
- Whale Information Stations
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Our Vessels
- Our Vessel Staff
- The PWF Difference
- Green Features
- Where your Money Goes
- Reviews & Testimonials
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Maui Weather
- Ocean Spirit Vessel Contest
- Ocean Store
We invite you to contribute your time and talents in support of Pacific Whale Foundation, by becoming a Pacific Whale Foundation Volunteer.
Volunteers assist at our many community events, help out in our membership area and lend a hand with our education, research and conservaton programs. They accumulate credits that are good toward discounts at Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Stores and free tickets on our Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventures.
Volunteers have the opportunity to attend free classes about the marine environment and special training programs. It's a great way to get to know our staff and meet others who share your interest in protecting the ocean environment.
To learn more about volunteering at Pacific Whale Foundation, please call our Membership, Giving and Volunteer Office at (808) 856-8320.
Or sign up today through our online volunteer registration and scheduling system:
- Sign-up for volunteering
- Click on “I would like to volunteer for this organization" and create your own username and password. Please do not choose any projects or events -- yet.
- We will send you a confirmation that your username and password have been accepted, and you can log back in, to select the events and shifts that you want.
- Please note: If you have worked with the “Art of Volunteering” organization, you are already familiar with this system and already have your own username/password. You can simply enter that information and choose your events and shifts. Don't worry if you’ve forgotten your password -- there’s an option to regenerate it.
Volunteering on Vacation
Pacific Whale Foundation also offers many outdoor volunteering opportunities through our Volunteering on Vacation program. Through this program, we work in partnership with other nonprofit organizations, the National Parks Service and community groups to offer you a calendar of volunteer opportuntities that contribute to efforts to protect Maui's environment.
Volunteer for three or more hours and receive a free Volunteering on Vacation Maui tote bag.