- About PWF
- Research History
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Dynamics of extralimital feedingby humpback whales off Eden, NSW
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Interaction of Small Cetaceans with Artisanal Fisheries in Machalilla National Park
- Population, Distribution and Abundance of Humpback Whales and other Cetaceans in Machalilla National Park
- Photo-identification of dolphins in the Cojimies River Estuary
- Migratory Interchange of Humpback Whales between Peru and Ecuador
- Hawaii Research
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Our Research Team
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Conservation & Education
- Our Story
- Meet Our Staff
- Inside our Facility
- Educational Eco-Tours
- Education Programs
- Upcoming Events
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Eco Cruises
- The PWF Difference
- Maui Weather
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Book A Cruise
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Meet Our Vessels
- Ocean Store
VOLUNTEER AT PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION
We invite you to contribute your time and talents in support of Pacific Whale Foundation, by becoming a Pacific Whale Foundation Volunteer.
Volunteers assist at our many community events, help out in our membership area and lend a hand with our education, research and conservaton programs. Volunteers accumulate credits good toward discounts at Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Stores and free tickets on our Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventures. Volunteers are also given opportunities to attend free classes about the marine environment and special training programs. It's a great way to get to know our staff and meet others who share your interest in protecting the ocean environment.
To learn more about volunteering at Pacific Whale Foundation, please call our Membership, Giving and Volunteer Office at (808) 856-8320.
Or better yet, sign up today through our new online volunteer registration and scheduling system:
- Start by clicking here.
- Click on “I would like to volunteer for this organization" and create your own username and password. Please do not choose any projects or events -- yet.
- We will send you a confirmation that your username and password have been accepted, and you can log back in, to select the events and shifts that you want.
Please note: If you have worked with the “Art of Volunteering” organization, you are already familiar with this system and already have your own username/password. You can simply enter that information and choose your events and shifts. Don't worry if you’ve forgotten your password -- there’s an option to regenerate it.
Volunteering on Vacation
Pacific Whale Foundation also offers many outdoor volunteering opportunities through our Volunteering on Vacation program. Through this program, we work in partnership with other nonprofit organizations, the National Parks Service and community groups to offer you a calendar of volunteer opportuntities that contribute to efforts to protect Maui's environment. Volunteer for three or more hours and receive a free Volunteering on Vacation Maui tote bag. To learn more, visit www.volunteeringonvacation.org or check out the listings on our events calendar.