- Research History
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment and Realized Growth Rates
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Dynamics of extralimital feeding by humpback whales off Eden, NSW
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalogue
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Notes From The Field
- Donate to help fund our research
- Our Story
- Our Education Team
- Inside our Facility
- Educational Eco-Tours
- Education Programs
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin or Turtle
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Eco Cruises
- Book A Cruise
- The PWF Difference
- Wildlife Guides and Tips
- Meet Our Vessels
- Whale and Dolphin Sightings
- Maui Weather
- Ocean Store
Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalogue
Hawaiian Humpback Whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) Catalogue
Detailed data on humpback whale life history, behavior, spatial distribution, and human impacts.
The overarching goal of our work is to advance understanding of humpback whale biology, population status and human impacts.
Pacific Whale Foundation’s Hawaiian Humpback Whale catalogue is maintained according to procedures and standards established by Katona et al., 1979; Kaufman et al., 1987; Forestell et al., 2003; and Cambolkidis et al., 2008 (SPLASH).
Historical data collected under prior and current (NOAA/NMFS: 16479) permits, Platforms of Opportunity and from contributions.
See Research Collaboration list.
Comprehensive understanding of the population and reproductive dynamics, structure, migratory movements, and status of humpback whale populations in the North Pacific.
See Pacific Whale Foundation Publication/Presentation Summary