- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: May 25, 2012
Free Ocean Discovery Cruises Offered in Honor of World Oceans Day
The ocean makes life livable for all of us on earth: it generates most of the oxygen we breathe, helps feed us, regulates our climate and offers recreation and inspiration. In honor of the ocean that surrounds us in Hawaii, Pacific Whale Foundation is offering free Ocean Discovery Cruises on Sunday, June 10 to all Hawaii residents and to Pacific Whale Foundation Members, as part of a global celebration of World Oceans Day.
The one-hour Ocean Discovery Cruises depart from Ma’alaea Harbor at 2:30 and 3:00 pm and Lahaina Harbor at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm. Each cruise features narration about Maui's ocean environment by Pacific Whale Foundation's Certified Marine Naturalists.
"World Oceans Day is our planet's biggest celebration of the ocean, held every year on June 8," says Greg Kaufman, Founder and Executive Director at Pacific Whale Foundation. "With our free cruises on June 10, Pacific Whale Foundation is proud to join thousands of educational institutions, conservation organizations and individuals in dozens of countries around the world that are celebrating our planet’s oceans in honor of World Oceans Day."
"We're especially aligned with the 2011-2012 theme for World Oceans Day, which is 'Youth, the Next Wave for Change'," says Kaufman. "Pacific Whale Foundation is fully committed to educating this next generation about the value of our planet's oceans, through our Ocean Camp, our school programs, our SeaWees program for preschoolers and our free Jr. Naturalist programs on all of our cruises."
The free Ocean Discovery Cruises on June 10 will feature special Jr. Naturalist programs for keiki.
Free tickets for the Ocean Discovery Cruises are available to all Hawaii residents with a valid i.d. and also to all current members of Pacific Whale Foundation. All children ages 12 and under go free, if they are accompanied by an adult Hawaii resident or member of Pacific Whale Foundation. Adults who are nonmembers or who are not Hawaii residents can purchase tickets for $10.
Reservations are required for all tickets and are subject to availability. To obtain your reservation, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1. The ticket office is open from 6 am to 9 pm daily.
To learn more about Pacific Whale Foundation, please visit www.pacificwhale.org. To learn more about World Oceans Day, please visit www.worldoceansday.org.