- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Four-Course Wine-Paired Dinner with Pacific Whale Foundation's President and Founder
03/22/2013 - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Porto, Pacific Whale Foundation's Mediterranean-inspired restaurant in Ma'alaea
Is a MWF event:
This is a MWF event
Join Pacific Whale Foundation's President and Founder Greg Kaufman for a four-course, wine-paired dinner in the warm and intimate dining room of Porto, Pacific Whale Foundation's Mediterranean-inspired restaurant located at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops.
A pioneer in whale research and a leader in conservation efforts to protect whales worldwide, Greg has written four books about whales and is an invited participant in the International Whaling Commission's Scientific Committee. This is an opportunity to be part of a small group of 30 people who spend a relaxed and fun evening talking story about whales with Greg and enjoying an extraordinary chef-prepared dinner with wines artfully selected to enhance each course.
The prix fixe dinner includes wines expertly paired with each course and is prepared by Chef Joe Birrer. It begins with l'antipasto of oven roasted almonds, Surfing Goat Dairy cheese, hard sharp Havarti and slices of chorizo and prosciutto and hand-rolled and flame-fired garlic pizzettes.
A Gala Apple Salad with spicy Hawaiian orange vinaigrette is the first course in this four course dinner.
The second course features Chicken Friscatti, with artichoke hearts, red onion, capers, Friscatti butter and roasted chicken served over fresh made Angel Hair Pasta.
For the third course, guests can choose from two options:
- Flame Grilled Filet Mignon, with Hawaii Ranchers naturally raised, grass fed beef topped with crispy pork belly, pine nuts, Maui green onions and port wine reduction.
- Pan Sauteed Locally Caught Opakapaka served with a corn and lobster succotash.
For il dolce, or dessert, diners will enjoy Chocolate Paradisio, a flourless chocolate torte.
The dinner will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. The price is $79.95 per person, exclusive of gratuities. Pacific Whale Foundation Members will save 10%. This special evening is for adult guests only. For reservations, please call (808) 249-8811 ext. 1 between 6 am and 8 pm daily.
For additional information, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/141eWBN