- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Posted on: November 7, 2012
Enjoy a Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise with PWF
For a unique Maui-style Thanksgiving dinner, enjoy your holiday feast in a remarkable setting -- on a modern, high-tech catamaran on the beautiful Pacific Ocean -- on a relaxing Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation.
"There's no other setting like this in the world," says John Gaskins, Customer Care Manager at Pacific Whale Foundation. "While you enjoy a delicious chef-prepared Thanksgiving meal, you'll also be treated to majestic views of the Pacific Ocean, the West Maui mountains and the neighbor islands."
"With the possibility of guest appearances by wild dolphins or humpback whales, it's easy to use the word 'magical' to describe the experience," he says. "And on our 5:00 pm Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise, nature throws in the incredible beauty of a sunset casting red, orange and rose-colored tints upon the sea."
Pacific Whale Foundation's Thanksgiving Dinner Cruises take place on an eco-friendly, smooth riding catamaran, departing from Lahaina Harbor. All guests are guaranteed outdoor seating on the vessel. You can choose from a 2 pm or 5 pm departure. The cruise includes live music and cocktails (wine, local microbrew beer, Mai Tais and other tropical mixed drinks) along with soda and juice, plus a buffet featuring all of the traditional Thanksgiving fixings.
"The dinner is prepared by our chefs, and features locally grown, natural and organic ingredients," says Gaskins. "It's a mix of traditional favorites, with some Hawaiian and island-style influences."
The special holiday menu includes Kalua Turkey with Giblet Gravy (turkey cooked in a traditional Hawaiian style underground oven), Island Kalua Ham with Guava Jelly (ham cooked in traditional Hawaiian style underground oven covered in guava jelly), Portuguese Sausage Stuffing (traditional Thanksgiving stuffing filled with Portuguese sausage), Whipped Garlic Potatoes (creamy russet potato mash with roasted garlic), Corn on the Cob (flavored with cream and butter), Upcountry Greens with Maui Onion Dressing, Grilled Island Vegetables (medley of fresh island vegetables cooked over hibachi grill), Fresh Baked Taro and Soft Rolls. Dessert of Pumpkin Haupia Squares (Hawaiian coconut dessert infused with pumpkin), Mini Pumpkin Pies and Double Chocolate Brownies.
Adult guests over age 21 with a valid photo i.d. can enjoy up to three alcoholic beverages with their meal. All guests can choose unlimited soda, soft drinks and filtered water.
The price is $84.95 for adults and $59.95 for children ages 3 to 12. Children ages 2 and under go free, one per paying adult. Guests can save 10% by booking online at http://www.pacificwhale.org/cruises/Specialty-Cruises#24698. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20% on their ticket price, whether booked online or by phone. Advance reservations are required.
For reservations, please call Pacific Whale Foundation at (808) 249-8811 ext. 1 or visit http://www.pacificwhale.org/cruises/Specialty-Cruises#24698 and click on "Eco Tours" and "Specialty/Holiday Cruises."
Pacific Whale Foundation will run its ocean ecotours on a regular schedule throughout Thanksgiving. The cruises include snorkel cruises to Molokini and/or Lana'i, cocktail cruises and Whale Search cruises. Please visit Pacific Whale Foundation's website at www.pacificwhale.org for details.
Pacific Whale Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the ocean through science and advocacy. Profits from Pacific Whale Foundation's Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise and ocean ecotours help fund Pacific Whale Foundation's research, education and advocacy work on behalf of whales and the marine environment. To learn more, visit www.pacificwhale.org.