- Mission & Vision
- Our Core Values
- PWF in The Media
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Outreach
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
- Research History
- Our Research Team
- Research Internships
- Current Studies
- Australia Research
- Abundance, Survival, Recruitment, and Realized Growth Rates of East Australia Humpback Whales
- Calving Rates and Intervals of East Australian Female Humpback Whales
- Connectivity and Interchange Between Humpback Whale Aggregation Areas along East Australia
- Match My Whale - a Humpback Whale Fluke Identification Project
- PWF’s Southern Hemisphere Humpback Whale Catalog
- Rate of Interchange Between East Australia and West Australia Humpback Whales
- Ecuador Research
- Hawaii Research
- Distribution and Accumulation of Marine Debris: Implications for Cetaceans
- Great Whale Count
- Hawaiian Humpback Whale Catalog
- Odontocete Distribution, Abundance, and Life Histories.
- Social Structure of False Killer Whales in Maui Four-Island Region
- Surprise Encounters with Humpback Whales
- Whale and Dolphin Tracker
- Other Projects
- Australia Research
- Donate to Help Fund our Research
- Donate Your Whale or Dolphin Photos
- Migaloo the White Humpback Whale
- Our Conservation Victories
- Action Center
- Public Testimony
- Volunteer on Vacation
- Marine Debris
- World Oceans Day
- You Can Help
- Become a Member / Renew Membership
- Donate Now
- Donation Specials
- Other Ways You Can Donate
- Adopt a Whale, Dolphin, Turtle or False Killer Whale
- Whale Regatta
- Maui Whale Festival Events
- Sponsor Run & Walk for the Whales
- Sponsor World Whale Day
- Made on Maui Fair Vendor Application
- Book an Eco-Cruise
- Choose PWF
- Ocean Store
Pacific Whale Foundation is an international nonprofit organization that works to protect our oceans through science and advocacy. We recognize the ocean's significant role in maintaining our planet as a livable ecosystem and are committed to protecting the ocean and its inhabitants through our ongoing research, education and conservation efforts. Pacific Whale Foundation's research, education and conservation programs are funded by profits from educational whalewatch cruises, snorkel cruises, sunset cruises and other ocean eco-tours. This also includes, the profits from our Ocean Stores and our restaurant, Porto, plus the support of members and donors worldwide.
Founded in 1980, Pacific Whale Foundation employs individuals who share a common commitment to our mission. Our staff shares a love of learning about marine wildlife and a passion for sharing our discoveries with the public. During the past three decades, Pacific Whale Foundation staff helped pioneer noninvasive whale, dolphin and coral reef research; since then, Pacific Whale Foundation has emerged as respected advocates and leaders in the protection of whales and cetaceans worldwide.
Pacific Whale Foundation operates one of the world's largest and most respected ecotourism operations, which has enabled nearly 4 million people to learn about the marine environment through firsthand experiences at sea. These encounters provide profound and meaningful enticements for participants to become involved in protecting the valuable and irreplaceable ocean environment.
Why Join our Team?
You’ll get to work with a group of enthusiastic, vibrant people to make a difference. Our team consists of a variety of positions, including researchers, marine educators, conservationists, naturalists, vessel captains, retail and office staff. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and the opportunity to do meaningful work in a dynamic organization with lots of growth potential. For qualifying employees, benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, retirement plan, merchandise discounts, complimentary cruises and more.
Please click on the job titles listed below to view a complete description of the position.
Seasonal Hiring For Naturalists and Pursers:
Summer season (May-Aug) applications accepted March 1 – April 15
Winter season (Dec-Apr) applications accepted August 1 – September 15
Research Internships (open year round)
We are always looking for performance-driven and dedicated individuals to assist with our various research projects. There is no financial compensation for these positions and interns are responsible for their own living and transportation expenses. This is, however, an excellent opportunity to gain experience in marine mammal research. Please apply at least 6 months in advance as these internships are highly sought after. For more information, visit our Research Internships page.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with the EXACT JOB TITLE in the subject line, to email@example.com. You may also mail a hard copy to Pacific Whale Foundation, Attn: Human Resources, 300 Ma'alaea Rd, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793, or you may pick up/drop off an application at this location. Please, no phone calls.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS WITH PHOTOS, PERSONAL INFORMATION (SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO: MEDICAL HISTORY, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, PARENTAL STATUS, ETC.), OR APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE INCOMPLETE OR ILLEGIBLE.
Pacific Whale Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Pacific Whale Foundation checks references, conducts background checks and drug screening.